Thursday, May 21, 2009

Background

Where did the idea for this challenge some from?

Honestly, I'm not much of a gym goin' person. We have a pretty well stocked gym in our complex, but I don't like to go because...I get bored. That's also one of the reasons I don't like running. It's just not fun for me. I'll do it for a cause, but I wont do it for my own enjoyment. Lame as it sounds, I have a hard time motivating myself to get up and do an activity that I just don't find all that enjoyable, even if I know it's good for me.

I have the same problem with workout videos. If the video doesn't stimulate me and actually get me excited to work out, I'm very unlikely to stick with it.

As a result, I've gone through multiple gym phases, classes, a few marathon/half-marathons, and even a few workout videos without finding something that keeps me wanting to come back. I have, however, based on the workouts that have failed to excite me, figured out what workout characteristics are most likely to keep me motivated.

That's when I thought of this project. Since I have a good idea of what I like, I wanted to find the best combination of motivation and results for my personal needs. In my quest, I'm likely to find many workouts that wouldn't work for me but may be perfect for others, so I'm hoping that others will benefit from my crazy, research-obsessed-ness, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment