Tuesday, June 2, 2009

More on Turbo Jam: The Rundown

I realize this may have been good info to know in or before the review, so I'm posting it now. Better late than never, right?


DVD/Set- Turbo Jam
Instructor- Chalene Johnson
Released by- Beachbody
Style- Choreographed cardio kickboxing with encouragement to add your own flair

The set I have is the small set of 5 workouts on two DVDs. The first DVD contains Learn and Burn, 20 Minute, and Turbo Sculpt. The second DVD contains Ab Jam and Cardio Party (mix 1).

Learn and Burn-- This is a run through of the Turbo Jam signature moves followed by a quick workout.

20 Minute-- Quick and fun choreography that works the whole body in just 20 minutes. This thing works you pretty well in such a short amount of time. My first time through it, I was sore the next day.

Turbo Sculpt-- Light weights are recommended for this workout, but you can do the whole thing without weights. Chalene uses a mix of traditional sculpting excersizes with a few variations to keep things interesting.

Ab Jam-- A mix of standing ab work and floor excersizes, this workout starts out pretty easy (IMO), but turns up the level of difficulty near the end. There seems to be quite a bit of oblique work involved, so if you're not into that, you've been warned.

Cardio Party Mix 1-- This one has great pace. Just when I feel tired of a set of choreography, they move on to something else. I find the music in this mix especially fitting/motivating, which workout out well for me since I found it hard to workout for 40min. Every time I finished Cardio Party, though, I was glad I put in the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment