Monday, June 8, 2009

A Kick in the Muscles

Uhhh, yeah...remember how I said that The Wedding Workout cardio wasn't working for me? Well, on Saturday I decided to do Turbo Jam Cardio Party in lieu of The Wedding Workout, and on Sunday I woke up SORE. That frustrated me because The Wedding Workout feels challenging while I'm doing it, but I didn't get sore at all. It made me feel like the video wasn't working me hard enough. At first I thought that maybe it was just all in my head and that if I stuck with it I would start seeing results, but this weekend proved to me (in my head, at least) that I would have had to stick it out for quite a long time.

I'm not entirely sure if soreness is a good measure of how good a workout is, but in my head, if my muscles get sore, it means that I worked them and pushed them beyond what they're normally used to. The Wedding Workout's cardio/toning total body workouts didn't make me sore. Turbo Jam's cardio alone made me sore.

Even if my logic is flawed, I'm going to stop The Wedding Workout and move on to something else. The point of putting this challenge upon myself was to force myself to try new workouts to find those that would keep me working out continually. If I don't think The Wedding Workout is doing anything to improve my fitness level, then I'm not likely to be compelled to press play, especially since it's not entertaining enough to do just for fun. But I'll save that for the review.

So, I guess I'm going to get in more than one video this month. Stay tuned for info on the replacement video.

No comments:

Post a Comment